Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 2013

March consisted of being swallowed up by work! My co-worker took the month off for her well-deserved holiday and the company decided to give me a welcome back present from my holiday with providing no support at work (I don’t sound bitter now do I?) Lets just say that this challenge did give me a greater appreciation for the friends and support that I have here in Cape Town and back in the states. I need to write a blog on each of my friends here, because they are pretty darn amazing!

3 highlights that I can think of are:
*Multiple dates with my beautiful friend and co-worker
Rumbidzai Rosemary Boriwondo. I may never be able to say her name properly, even though if you listen, the end of her first name does sound like “die” but she has make it clear that it is NOT J We got to go watch a Broadway show called ‘The Tap Dogs’ which was amazing not only for the HOT men, but the dancing was incredible! She is one of those people who ALWAYS wins things…you know what I mean? Well, she won these tickets and they ended up being right in the middle and were perfect seats! We were probably the loudest women in the audience (and sober!) but it was so much fun! She also somehow obtained a R250 sushi voucher and last week we devoured a table full of sushi during our lunch break at Fugi. Yesterday, I wanted to go to Seattle Coffee Company to work on my pictures and blog and thought it would be fun to have her join me. She jumped at the opportunity without realizing what that would normally entail. When we got there I pointed to the magazines and told her that Zandi and I usually just chit chat and then catch up on our magazines for free…and she gave me this ‘black’ look and said “oh…fun…” Oh I was dying with laughter! Lets just say I do know how she rolls…so I brought Jenga and Uno with me and we had a ball in this coffee shop making noise and letting the blocks crash on the tile floor J The fun memories with her this month have been wonderful and our conversations about work, God, men are priceless. Rosemary, I love you so much and every day I am thankful that I can turn the corner at work and see my amazing diva friend.
Ready for the Tap Dog Show
Rosemary's idea of great shuffling!

*Varun has been a wonderful friend from the moment he transferred from Seattle 14 months ago. We went together to watch Dralion- Cirque Du Soleil and oohh and ahhhh throughout the whole show, not to mention the sunset was pretty epic that night too. We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day together at a traditional Irish Pub (what happens in Cape Town, stays in Cape Town!) and I got to cheer him on as he won the Cape Argus Cycle Race this month. If the race gives you a medal….it means you must have won!

Off to see Cirque Du Soleil
Proud moment- Varun won the Argus ;)

*Zandile Ayanda Gobhozi – My best friend for life from Cape Town and partner in crime. She set a whole day aside for me and said that all she wanted for her birthday was ‘May time’ and an adventure.  I decided that I would Google map each place we were going to, place it in an Altoid box, and then wrap it as a gift. Kind of like a little treasure hunt or something. We started off by going to a breakfast buffet at Crystal Towers cause she deserves to be treated like a queen. It was such a lovely leisure morning catching up over the past month, eating delicious food, and celebrating a wonderful person. We got our first detour of the morning by the waitress giving her a Happy Birthday Cupcake which I didn’t plan on J We then headed to Spier Winery for her adventure present. We rode on a segway for an hour through the vineyards. If you have never done it, I would highly recommend it! It was absolutely fabulous to ride through the pathways on this machine and look at the beautiful scenery around us.  I think I will get this for my kids…but it will actually be a present for me! This is also where our second detour occurred (but as I said earlier, what happens in Cape Town, stays in Cape Town) but lets just say it was hilarious looking back at the detour (love you friend!) We then headed to the mall for some pampering, Seattle Coffee, and ended the day with her boyfriend joining us for some great conversations. Zandi, you are beautiful inside and out and I am so extremely blessed to have you in my life. We can do anything or nothing at all, yet it is always perfect. LOVE YOU to the moon and back friend!



 
*NEXT WILL BE MY HOLIDAY 21 DAY OVERLAND TRIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment