Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Friendiversary

I had basically a week and a half of free time from the time that I got the call from Amazon.com telling me that I got the job and when my first day of work would be. I was talking with one of my best friends Kari who just moved to North Carolina for a job about how we had been friends for 10 years now and how we should celebrate some how. She asked me like what...I paused and got the random idea of booking a ticket and flying down to see her. I do not know when I became this spontanous person, but somehow I have. In less than 48 hours, I had booked a flight to North Carolina, got on a plane, and arrived in my best friend's town of Sanford. We decided to name our adventure/celebration as our Friendiversary weekend. Over the weekend I got to do a lot of firsts, we got to visit Fort Bragg (which was pretty neat to see,) I ate at the Waffle House (thought it was this fancy diner, no its a fast food chain!) drove to Charleston, SC and had fried pickles, drove to Savannah, GA to see a lighthouse, Atlantic Ocean, and tour of a graveyard. Oh and don't forget the visit to the South of the Border in NC and almost getting killed by a black baptist woman (I saw this huge red hat (the ones that ladies wear in church and have a fan in their hand) and put it on my head and said out loud Hallelujah, Praise the Lord... forgot I was in the south..oops.) All of these experiences were a first. Kari was amazing to all that driving in a 36 hour period, but we did have so much fun. Here are a few pictures.

This is what I picture when I think of the south.

Butt Stop, NC, Fried Pickles



Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA, Lighthouse

Graveyard, Atlantic Ocean, Pedro town

2 comments:

  1. congrats May!!! You need to book a spontaneous ticket to see me in NYC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Fort Pedro. There just aren't words.

    ReplyDelete