I work with the children ministry a least a couple times a month, and they truly have been a blessing in my life and teaching so much in this time. There is one adorable kid who I could literally squeeze all day long because that smile on this kid's face makes me melt! I asked this kid if I could get a hug and he runs over and lays a juicy kiss right on my lips and steps back and has the biggest smile, oh my! Each kid has such different personality and it just puts me in awe of God. We have been learning how "Jesus is our friend" and have been building off of a storyboard the last month or so. In one story it talks about Mark 5 where Jesus heals a little girl. We then did this activity where the kids lay down and then will sit up and say "I'm not sick, I'm feeling fine, Jesus is a friend of mine." When I read the activity I thought it was quite silly but went ahead and did it, to my surprise the kids loved it and wanted to do it multiple times over. I was shocked...and the weeks following when we would review that story, the kids would repeat the line from the activity. I have never had that many 2-5 year olds remember a story like that....guess that teaches me that the silliest things can actually be the most meaningful in kids.
I have been helping lead a table at our Ladies Bible Studies that happen on Wednesday nights. Each week I get to spend with them is such a blessing and I leave so stoked and excited to hear all that God has and is doing in their lives. Their testimonies, honestly, vulnerability, and openness has been ministering me so much in the season that I am in. I am honored that God has allowed me to stand with them and see them run this race being able to shout from the side lines and sometimes with them that they can and are able to finish this race, to pray and intercede, to love and spend time with them. So thankful and cherish all the random times we all can get together whether it is on Wed. nights or a fun nights with dessert and a girly movie. Jesus my heart is overflowing with what you have given me in this time in Seattle. Not only for letting me pour into this kids and women, but how you are changing me more than I could have imagined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment