I finally got a car on March 14th. His name is Buster and he is a 2007 Opel Corsa. This is my first manual/stick shift car in addition to the steering wheel being on the right. Here is my story of my first night with Buster. Since I didn't know how to drive stick yet after purchasing the car, the dealer said that he could drive it to my work. He was supposed to have arrived at 6pm and didn't come until 8:30pm. He came with his co-worker and my friend Varun and I were trying to inspect the car in THE DARK. Nice way to purchase the car huh? He then tells me he registered the wrong car under my name with the wrong license plates, presents the doc for the other car that is in the lot, and told me that he will come back the following week with the correct documents. If that isn’t funny enough here is the kicker....ready.....we were testing out everything before taking the car and of course checked the lights. The back right light was blinking at different speeds than the left… they had put in the wrong bulb! The guy then all of a sudden walks to the car he had driven in which luckily was a corsa, opens the trunk, removes the light fixture from the car and replaces it with my broken lights...then looks at me and smiles and says all fixed. HAHAHAHAHA. I am still laughing about it....cause that is MY LIFE in Africa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment