Sunday, April 22, 2012
March/April
Work has consumed me in the last month which has been a bummer. I was talking with a friend and concluded that work could be described as “character building.” That is one way to look at it! In the chaos of work, I had to learning how to drive Buster and the first week of driving I thought I was doomed! I stalled at basically every stop light/ stop sign and even trying to get the car to start and move! The thought that I made the worst decision in buying a car I couldn’t even drive crossed my mind, but with the help of my co-workers Varun and Helena, I was independent and driving on my own within 2 weeks. It only took 2 weeks yet felt so much longer! I can now proudly say I am driving on the left hand side, not stalling or rolling on hills, and can impress the guys if I ever go back to the states with my ability to drive stick and look cool in revving and screeching the wheels (that part is thanks to doing all the things you SHOULDN”T be doing before doing it right haha.) While learning, I took my first big trip by driving to Cape of Good Hope which is about 1 ½ hours away. The place was stunning in views, and I finally was able to see wild baboons! There was a huge family that we saw just chillin in the middle of the road and one was even sitting on top of a car that kept driving. As they would say in S. Africa it was “hectic” but amazing experience. It just brought back sweet memories of my time when I volunteered at the zoo in Reno while in high school. I was blessed with the opportunity to work with wild animals that most people don’t get to even after years of working at a large zoo. We had a group of 10-15 baboons at the zoo and a beautiful alpha male named Alphie…he was aggressive yet so sweet. Great memories for sure back at the zoo and on this trip to the point. Next adventure is going to Kruger Park and doing a 4 day/3night safari next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment