After college when I moved back to Santa Barbara, I started to go to the Vineyard Church. While there, I met an amazing 13 year old girl names Selah who I honestly fell in love with. She was adorable, amazing Jesus seeking girl,and absolutely so much fun to hang out with. Although I was only in SB for a short time, we did get to hang out a couple of times..or more...Well, fast forward and now this 17 year old..recently got in contact with me through FB and without knowing it, found me about 2 weeks before she was heading out on a mission trip to Africa. Yes, 17...time flew and I am getting old! I wrote back and asked/hoping it was with Bridges of Hope as I knew that was a ministry that was from SB and works in Cape Town...and her response was YES! Knowing she was 17, I had to get in contact with the coordinator/founder of Bridges of Hope and we worked out a plan to meet up when they headed to Robben Island. I had assumed he had told Selah, and he had assumed I told her...both neither happened, which made it so much more exciting when she walked up the stairs and her eyes popped out and all she could do was laugh...and laugh...it was amazing!
It was so fun to see her, to catch up, and to see a familiar face :) Although I didn't get to catch up with Dennis, I am sure we probably will bump into each other another time. Thank you Dennis for giving me this gift on a wintery Saturday afternoon. Selah, sooo thankful I got to see you. Keep running after God, keep seeking him, and continue to be the light that you are for His Kingdom. LOVE YOU!
And now Matt is coming too! I'm so glad you are getting to see people from the states :D
ReplyDelete