Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home

On September 12th I walked away from church knowing that I was home. I had found a church that I can officially call home, and there are not even words to describe how relieved and excited that I am to be able to say that. It has been a long 3 years in jumping around different churches and not feeling like God was calling me to any specific church. I am still not sure exactly why the Lord led me through that path but perhaps it was for me to understand how important the church body is to support you and lift you up when needed, how much Jesus loves His Bride, and how important community is. Without this desert, I don't think I would have learned that lesson, understood His heart, and opened my eyes and heart to love the Church more than ever before.
The first week that I got to Seattle, I went to a church called The City Church located in downtown Seattle which Diana Mao had recommended. I went to the Saturday night service in which it is tailored for the young professionals of Seattle (ages 24-34.) What was interesting was that the Senior Pastor was speaking his last message that weekend and handing the position over to his son on Sunday evening....I just moved to Seattle and come across this church which is in transition and change also..ummm. Anyways, the worship was amazing, and the message was on how God called the pastor to start this church 17 years ago, in which he left and sold everything in order to buy the land because God called him to Seattle. I just sat there able to relate with everything that he was talking about. After the service, I knew that I wanted to come back and hear the new pastor before deciding. In 2 weeks, I visited 4 different churches in which one of them of the City Church again. Going into the service at the CC, I had been having some doubts about whether I was really suppose to be in Seattle or if I just jumped the gun too soon. When I felt like God told me to move, I didn't realize how quick everything would happen. The new pastor's name is Judah Smith and he is 30 years old. He talked about Ephesians 2:10 which has been my favorite verse since I accepted Christ. He talked about how we are called His "masterpiece" and that God knows beforehand what and where He wants us. Then, he seriously called out everything that I had been thinking and doubting.
He says, "Some of you God has brought you to Seattle and you don't even know why you are here. You are here for just a time as this. This was destiny. This wasn't just your decision. That was God. God was involved. You are sitting here without a job, but don't you know that God knows everything that you need, that he knows every hair that is on our head, don't you think He can take care of your little problems like a job. Your problem is that you are not trusting God." OUCH
I walked away that night convicted of my lack of trust in the One who has and will allows provide for me. I also walked away knowing that this was the church that the Lord wanted me to be in. So estatic as I drove home saying "I'm home, I'm suppose to be in Seattle, and I am really home." I never thought I would end up in a megachurch (apparently they are the fastest growing church in Seattle, and is the 89th largest church in the US) but this is where the Lord wants me and I am so thankful that He is making it so plan and clear! Here is the website http://thecity.org/ if you would like to check it out. Pastor Judah Smith really is off the hook!

No comments:

Post a Comment