Packing on Sunday didn't go as well as I had planned. I had a bunch of beer that was left in my refrig. so I recruited some college boys who had just moved into the complex to help me load my stuff in the car in exchange for beer (best idea that I have ever had!) The problem was that I had to keep unloading and re-loading the car because everything wouldn't fit in my car. Guess I learned that it is just materials and that is it...I left around 5pm on Sunday and headed to see my old boss in Santa Ynez. She had been sick all week and was able to be there on my last day. It was sweet to see her and say goodbye. I do have some good memories with her, and will miss her a lot! Headed to Templeton to pick up Jen, and it was during that drive that I realized (thanks to the help of a cop who gave me a speeding ticket) that I was leaving Santa Barbara and the beautiful people. Crying was much needed for the crazy week I had a work, the friends I had to say goodbye to, and the unknown of what lies ahead. I am very thankful that I was able to unload everything before going on the roadtrip with Jen.I am so thankful that Jen was able to come up with me to Seattle. There is no way that I would have made the drive on my own! We have a lot of great memories of the trip!In 4 days, Jen and I visited Grants Pass (saw Ariel and her amazing husband Robbie,) Portland, OR (visited some great coffee shops and saw Kelsey,) rode bikes at Stanley Park in Vancouver, B.C. (thanks Aya for the great idea,) and a day sightseeing in Seattle (checked out some great coffee shops, Seattle Center, carriage ride around Seattle, and Pikes Place.) One of the memories I will treasure forever is the first time that we drove over the hill and saw Seattle for the first time at midnight. We both screamed at the same time, it was classic!Here are just a few pics of the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome! Glad you got to have a great road trip before settling in!
ReplyDelete