Sunday, September 6, 2009

Moving to Seattle

People have been wondering how the heck I have ended up in Seattle, WA. In June 2009 I had a conversation with a dear friend on why she was moving out of Santa Barbara and it got me wondering if I could actually leave this city that I have called home for the past 8 years. It had been over a year and a half since I had asked God if I could leave and after talking with my friend, I asked the Lord if it could be possible to move. I first thought about Los Angeles, but it didn't feel right. The thought crossed my mind about Seattle...even though I had never visited the city and decided to just look into it. Next thing I knew, the ball was rolling. Within basically two weeks, I got several confirmations that I was to move and turned in my notices for work and my condo. The final thing that confirmed that I was to move was a conversation that I had with my mom. She called one day and told me that she wanted to come visit Santa Barbara that week (which she hadn't visited since 2005.) I told her I was thinking about moving to Seattle and she said, "okay. I just want you to be happy. So if this will make you happy, then move." This is not the typical response that I get from the mother. I double checked with my sister and Dad that they had not the told my Mom that I was thinking about moving and then called my Mom back. My mom said that she felt like she had to come to SB soon, didn't know why, but that she had to visit me. Now she knew why...because you are moving. WHAT?! Really?
Although I do still have a heart for Santa Barbara, I know that the Lord is leading me to Seattle. Everything has worked out so perfectly. All the things that I needed to sell got sold....and my bed was sold a week in advance but the person didn't pick it up until the night before I left (Jesus knew how much I hearted my bed.) It is time to move, and although there are people I will dearly miss, it is time for a new adventure and journey with God.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you & love u lots. Goodluck with everything. I know you"ll do fine and meet lots of people especially find the "one." Someday soon I hope to visit you.

    Love,
    Big sis Lien & Kayla niece

    ReplyDelete