Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December Blues

December has been a challenging month for me. This was the first time that I really missed friends and familiar faces. As I have moved into my new place, the realization that the friends I had in Santa Barbara or close by to help me pick out furniture and make decisions weren't so close in distance this time. Andrea and Jen V. were a huge part of that season when I first moved into my own place back in Santa Barbara. Andrea helped me test sofas by jumping on them, stayed at the house until the cable guy came and furniture movers came, and screwed my dining room table and chairs together (that took effort uh Andrea!) Jen V inspired the papason that I now can not live without and they both agreed or disagreed with the things I wanted to buy to make sure my place looked good. Without Andrea and Jen V, I felt kinda lost, lonely, and so very indecisive about what to buy. I wanted to set up cable but I work full time and therefore had to wait 2 weeks for the installation to happen. I know it was only 2 weeks, but 2 weeks without facebook and the internet felt like much longer! I have also been missing the Lomelino family a bunch! I missed the ability to pop over to their house, see the wonderful kids, and have Holly convict me on how unhealthy I am eating and what I can do to change it. I have been wanting to just go to their house with a bag full of groceries and see what we can blend in her magical blender...
Although I have been a little down, God continues to encourage me and remind me that I am suppose to be here in Seattle. I got a card from Lily Reeves (one of my old pastors kids) and a video from Jason and Samuel (their 4 yr. old child) telling me how much they love me. Thank you Jesus for using these wonderful kids to lift my spirits! When I finally found the furniture that I wanted to get, instead of mobbing around I would just bite the bullet and run. I didn't want to pay $100 for delivery since its only 2 miles away from my apt. so I rented a uhaul. I decided that I would just pick up the furniture and believe in faith that when I got to my apartment some guys would be walking down the street would be willing to help me move my stuff in. I know it sounds kinda crazy, but I don't really know anyone yet or anyone with a truck for that matter. It completely worked out! When I picked up the dining room table at goodwill, one of the guys helped me unscrew the legs so that I would be able to get it through my door. After I picked up the sofa and got to the apt. there were two guys at the stairs and asked if I needed help! They moved my table, 4 chairs, and a sofa into my place. Thank you Jesus! I was in disbelief, but God just reminded me how he is watching out for me and will provide. I even got 50% off of a brand new couch! Other things that have happened this month is that my old college roommate from the IV ministry days visited me and told me that she was moving up her in January. I was leaping for joy at this news! I have met some sweet girls at the church finally, spend xmas eve with the pastors and got to spend xmas day with a family who have 3 girls under the age of 4. Not that the Lomelinos could ever be replaced, but the girls are so cute! I could see one of them hooking up with Samuel in the future, haha. The kids have been a refreshment to my soul.
Well know that I have been thinking, praying, and missing you guys back to SB. MP I know you can do it, it will be challenging, but I know you can. Meal, I do miss you. I love you dearly. Porters, I can't wait to catch up with you guys some time soon. Aya, you gotta come visit and eat sushi on the roundy things, it is awesome! Fort, I'm always only a phone call away.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you May! I hope to visit you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love that you got away with doing that. Such a May-ism! Work what you've got! haha

    ReplyDelete