Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Falling in love with Seattle

I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with Seattle. The busy streets, the crazy parking fees, people, coffee shops, and the skyscrapers make my heart happy...okay maybe not the insane fee of $26 to park downtown, but everything else YES. After Jen left I spent the day setting up my room and mourning the realization that I actually moved to Seattle. Basically at the end of the day, I had two choices: I could continue to stay in my room hoping that life comes to me, or I can go out and grab what life has to offer...of course you know what I chose. I went to the international district aka Chinatown on Saturday(but apparently you never say Chinatown because there are "other" restaurants besides Chinese and people there get mad.) Guess I am learning to be more "politically" correct. I walked around and just soaked it all in. The area is quite small but they have dim sum everyday! I wandered the streets wondering which restaurant to go to since there were so many, and I thought the one where everyone was standing outside waiting to get seated was a good place to go...guess that restaurant serves the best dim sum. Praise Jesus for easy access to amazing food! I ended up sitting with two different couples and we had a great time talking about the city. One of the couples even gave me their phone numbers, yeah for friends.




While I have been hunting for jobs, I have found something else that has been taking up my time....I found a library that is one block over and have read 2 books in less than 4 days. I can not tell you the last time that I actually pick up a book that wasn't dealing with school..besides The Shack thanks to the Lomelinos. I have also been doing some sightseeing with all my spare time. I spent one day walking from my house all the way down to Pike's Place which was only about 2.5 miles. On my walk, the Lord lead me to this park that isn't too far from my house. It gives an incredible view of Seattle and a place that I for sure can see myself spending a lot of time at. check out this view!




This past week I also have gotten together with the girl Launa that I was originally going to room with. I am so thankful that the Lord has put us together as we both moved in faith to Seattle and both don't have a job, it is comforting in a sense. We walked through several different districts and had some great food. In the Fremont District, they have this Troll sculpture underneath the bridge. Apparently, some artists were hired to create this troll that has an actual VW bug in one of its hands. It also at one time contained Elvis memorabilia. Kinda creepy but awesome at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. hey! i love that i found this! thanks, may. we miss you but are so happy that you are where you are supposed to be! be plenty adventuresome for me! you are hilarious. love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That troll thing is super creepy!

    Glad you're loving it :D

    ReplyDelete