Monday, December 12, 2011
Jeffrey
I have fallen in love with a man named Jeffrey. The first time I met him was on the streets by an overpass and he was selling cards that he makes for R10. It was perfect time as my friends Mary and Joanne bdays were around the corner. I talked with Jeffrey for several minutes as he told me which ones were his favorite and how he came from Zimbabwe and how he makes his living by selling these cards. He is probably in his late 50s, his clothes are pretty dirty, and he has no front teeth top or bottom. I give him credit as there are so many people who sit on the street and beg for money, but here is a man who is trying to make a living using the tools and gifts that God has given him, and for that, Jeffrey I will buy many more cards to come. After I mailed the two cards I first bought from him, I didn't see him in his normal spot for several weeks and was getting quite concerned. I purposely would walk to a different bus stop just in hopes of running into him. I am glad to say that I saw him last week and it was sweet. I saw him and yelled out "Jeffery!!" He comes running from the street to the sidewalk and just looks at me with this facial expression of "you know my name." He then gave me his biggest toothless smile, it was fabulous! He had created some new designs in which I was impressed. He kept calling me "sister" and "thank you my sister." He is one of my highlights for sure in taking the bus every day. I look forward to getting to know him better, and loving on him as Christ so loves him and does know him by name! I am in love with this man, he is wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cool story! Tell him next time you see him that there is a family in Japan who is very much looking forward I receiving one of his cards someday :)
ReplyDelete