Monday, December 12, 2011

Wine Tasting

The last weekend of November I got to go wine tasting with some of my co-workers and it was a blast! What is really neat about wine tasting here is that you actually sit down at a table and they serve you the wine with cheese, chocolate, and crackers. It felt more relaxed and not having to feel like you are in a rush with other wine tasters behind you. The background was magnificent and breathtaking every place we went! We started at Vrede En Lust which is one of the oldest wine farms out here. I ended up buying a bottle of the Red Lady which is merlot and was quite amazing! We then headed down the road to Haute Cabriere for lunch which is suppose to be this really high end restaurant, and the food, WOW! This place has this stair case that led down to a cellar, it was very lovely. Next stop…I think I had to much wine because I forgot to take a pic of the name…but..but they had these musicians playing on the xslophone and drums which was incredible to listen to. Last stop, which I think was the favorite for all of us was Dieu Donne Vineyards. I could definitely see me having a small wedding overlooking the vineyards here, stunning!! The place allowed us to sit on the lawn overlooking everything and sip our wine from there. We had such a blast winding down there and playing several rounds of swing ball (which by the way, I extremely stink at it…never liked playing softball/baseball as a kid.) It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful way to end our day at the vineyards.



View at Vrede En Lust

At Haute Cabriere

unknown winery :)

Dieu Donne Vineyards

Dieu Donne Vineyards backyard view

No comments:

Post a Comment