Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Drive around the coast

My boss called me up a couple of Sundays ago and asked if I wanted to see the coast…of course I said yes! We started the Coast drive in Muizenberg where I got to see some whales! We got out of the car and just stared at them for like 15 minutes. It was pretty neat to see them so close to the shore and just basking in the sun. This town is also where there are the colorful huts that you may have seen on postcards. We then drove through Fish Hoek (has the warmest water to swim in) and Simons Town (cute town that also has some kind of dog statue in memory of a dog that apparently was loyal to the military so when the dog died it was given a military funeral!) We then stopped at Boulders Bay and got to see penguins and a dundi (brown animal that is somehow related to the elephant...) I am looking forward to going back to that beach because you can also go swimming and the penguins will swim around you all in the wild. We then drove through the front entrance of the Table Mountain National Park in hopes of seeing some wild baboons…but no luck. We continued to Noordhoek (best surfing,) Houts Bay, and the last area which included Camps Bay, Clifton Bay, and Sea Point. I can definitely see myself living there at some point as it was absolutely spectacular! The beaches are so blue and beautiful. We were so lucky to get to see as many animals as we did and the weather was perfect. This drive for sure made me fall in love with Cape Town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment