Sunday, October 9, 2011

Trip to South Africa

Packing and selling was extremely stressful and if it weren’t for friends, I would have had more meltdowns than I did. Kari might be a million miles away, but she was available for a call and to calm me down and help me think of what I could do when things seemed to not be working out. Tracey was my voice of reason when I thought my suitcases could expand and fit more than it really could. Deniz and Stevey were there to help me ship the items and dear Andrea was willing to accept my 127lb box for storage  Tasha and Kasea (with a K), thank you for handling my crying moments. Nikki, I cannot thank you enough for your help in packing the night before I left…people if you had seen my house you probably would have freaked out with the amount I still had..sigh. Thank you everyone that played a part in making this happen! Lastly, although you may not consider it a person, she was to me…Jasmine, my sweet, amazing car, I will love you forever. You were so good to be in SB and Seattle, and I am sorry I had to sell you.
It was such a blessing to have a quick layover in NYC on my way to Africa. It allowed me to process the transition between the stress leading up to leaving and the worry and concern about the unknown ahead. Getting to see Jen Velasquez, Lisa Kim, and Diana Mao was amazing! Lobster rolls, prayer, and carts with wheels was exactly what I needed. Thank you! As I left NYC the realization of what I was doing hit me. I started doubting this whole thing and although I couldn’t turn back, I kind of wanted to. In my freak out session, God continued to remind me that He is and will always provide. I got the whole 3 seats to myself on the 12 hour flight to Dubai. What a wonderful blessing to get to stretch out and sleep on such a long flight. Then…the the 9 hour flight to Cape Town, I was upgraded to Business Class and got unlimited glasses of Champagne, can I say FAVOR?! The last couple hours of the flight I played video games with the guy next to me…and lets just say we were not the quietest  It was such a relaxing trip, unreal to be honest.
I cannot believe I am in Cape Town, and cannot believe I get this opportunity. I am in awe of this whole adventure and what lies ahead. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment