Leaving Seattle was more difficult than leaving SB…I think because there were some major people that were a huge part of my life the last two years in which I invested and they invested in my life and the season that I was in. Never would I have thought that I would end up in counseling but I would not have changed that time for anything. It was painful, but so worth it in the end. I will write more about that some other time, but T is a person that I will miss dearly. There are so many people that I consider dear to my heart, but there are several people that have changed me more than they will ever know or words can express. I had to say goodbye to a two wonderful women early Mary and PJ as they were heading to Uganda for a mission trip. Mary was the first person that I met at the City Church and has walked with me throughout the last two years, encouraging me, challenging me, and spurring me on. She is a treasure from Heaven and has the biggest heart for the Church and kids. I know that kids love me…but I can’t compete with Mary’s cookies that she gives the kids I am going to miss Mary and her love for Nordstrom. PJ knows her calling that God has placed on her life and walks in that anointing and purpose. I have seen other women in ministry but she just has something special that makes me so excited and my Spirit say “YES” and “AMEN” for the calling that God has for His daughters. Worship will be different without hearing PJ in the background and getting “to hug her neck” as she always would say. My bible study ladies were such a blessing last year. It was such an honor to lead with Erin and was such a blessing to have them be a part of my life and that they would let us be a part of theirs. The time with them in and outside of church are sweet memories of Seattle and I cannot thank them enough for their open arms and hearts. There were also three other ladies that have brought me so much laughter in my life,Tracy, Stevey and Deniz. The time spent with you…oh my goodness I think you guys may have held the world’s record for making May cry…the good kind of crying from laughing so hard! Thank you for the memories chicas, heart you! Another person…who I will remain nameless but you know who you are... has changed my life forever! The walks at Greenlake, the laughs, and sweet, sweet conversations are something that I will treasure forever. You are someone that makes God smile from ear to ear, and melts my heart with you and your family. You have taught me so much about Jesus, contending for all that God has for you, and walking in the destiny that God has. I love you from the bottom of my heart and know that the best are yet ahead. You better keep me updated on your life or I will have to come beat you up ! All of these people, thank you for teaching me transparency and a greater love of Christ that I would not have gotten to know without you. Thank you for opening your arms and embracing me…all of me…including my crazy side! I love you guys so much and know that there will always be a place to stay if you make it to Cape Town.
In His Grips
May
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment