Friday night I went out to dinner with a bunch of co workers. The restaurant was right across from work and had really good sushi. I don’t think I have ever ordered that many bottles of wine, but by the end of the night we had ordered 6 bottles and drank it all! Food is cheaper here and that is WONDERFUL! One thing that was different than normal was that in our group we discovered that we had an Olympic gold medalist. This person was in the 1988 Olympics and won 2 gold and 1 bronze. Work people keep getting more interesting by the day! I am loving that. We then headed to the Roxy Bar and where many kept partying and I enjoyed the entertainment and random men coming up and singing karaoke. The ceiling at this bar had these art pieces that glowed in the dark and were just a neat accent to the place.
Saturday I walked to the Greenmarket Square where there are a lot of arts and crafts items made from the locals. It challenging to look at all this stuff and trying to decide to buy it knowing I would have to somehow bring it back 2 years later…haha. Around that area was also this homeless lady who was blind but was sitting on the corner singing songs about Jesus. It was really sweet to listen and watch and people weren’t mocking her or offended as some people might have been in the US. I then walked to the Central Train Station and Golden Acre area where they sells lots of cheap junk made from China but they had these cute kids dancing on the street. They were from some local community group but were dancing for money and I could have watched them dancing all day long. I ended my evening with pizza that people from my shuttle recommended. I think Zeeks is better in Seattle, but I am sure I will find a place somewhere here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment