Sunday, October 23, 2011

A typical shuttle experience through May’s eyes

Right now I do not have a car so there are shuttles that the company offers to the employees and they come pick me up. It is quite interesting and entertaining…It is one of my top highlights about going to work every day. They drive aggressively and swerve every which way, like a carnival ride  Earlier this week, my shuttle was suppose to pick me up at 7:30am and it never came. So I left the curb at 7:50am to get coffee and was back at a little after 8am to wait for the next shuttle at 8:30am. When it picked me up, I told him that he forgot about me. His response was “I didn’t forget, I was there at 7:35am and there was a car in front of me so I couldn’t stop and I didn’t see you so I left.” There was no way he could have not seen me, I was sitting in plain sight…but the comment about the car in front and him not being able to stop, was hilarious! Another trip was driving home one night and the shuttle driver was giving me phrases to say in Afrikaans and I was repeating them. He asked I knew what they meant and I said probably pick up lines or asking for sex….and everyone in the shuttle started busting up laughing. He asked how I knew…and I just gave him that look that said “I know how you men think.” Yes, the shuttle rides are fantastic!

1 comment: